Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fall Dance Collection




So I teach dance at Paradise Valley Community College. Every semester I get to choreograph for the dance collections. This year, I was working with 23 dancers of all levels and abilities and ages (youngest dancer was 16; oldest was in their 50's). It was a challenge but, as always, watching it performed gave me the kind of high I imagine people get from marijuana--a mellow kind of buzz/warm fuzzies. Is that a good comparison? The other dance was brewing in my brain all last summer while I was huge and pregnant. I can't tell you how great it felt to get to really dance it out once Wyn was in the world instead of in me. That dance was harder to watch. . .mostly because I wanted to be up there with the dancers. I guess the itch to perform is something I will never really get over. In fact, the other day while eating teppanyaki with Paul and my bro and sis in law, I told Paul that I think being a Teppanyaki chef would be something I would like to do when I am old and can't dance anymore. Paul whole-heartedly agreed, calling me an exhibitionist. . .so in 50 years, maybe I will be working at Sapporo.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Congratulations on a successfully completed semester!

kim dance said...

you crack me up!

love the india pics and explainations. sounds like it was amazing!

Traci said...

Do you have video of your dances? You're so lucky...I wish I had some awesome creative outlet!

TheShumWAYS said...

I ran into your mom at Shawn's reception and got your blog. Yeah now I can keep in touch with you! Looks like you are loving life and the same ole Erin. The kids are adorable!